[Dailydrool] Update on Oswald

Kathleen Lewis Kathleen.Lewis at Foxsports.net
Wed Nov 23 17:34:22 PST 2011

Hi everyone, I just wanted to give you an update on Oz.  We found out that he has osteosarcoma near his eye that has spread to his nasal cavities.  He's on tramadol and rimadyl currently for pain.  The vet called us on Monday to give us the results of his histology (the osteosarcoma) and told us there wouldn't be anything we could do until after Thanksgiving at their clinic, so we are going to go back and talk to him on Monday morning about options and he can recheck Oswald.  So far, since he's on the pain meds, he seems to be doing pretty well except for the fact that he's sneezing a lot and starting to have a some issues sometimes when he's breathing in through his nose.  We currently are dogsitting the in-laws' mini-schnauzer and Rhodesian ridgeback for Thanksgiving along with the 3 dogs already at our house, so hopefully everyone gives Oz his space and doesn't bother him too much.  So far we don't really have a clear idea on how long we have with Oz, but we are hoping he hangs on throughout the holidays.  We're just thankful to have him at all now.  Thanks for anyone who I haven't gotten back to for any drool you've been sending.  We'll have plenty of drool around here for the next few days, so we're slinging it to anyone in need.  Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!

--Kat with Oswald (my nose feels weird), Rachael (GSD mix), Bailey (beagle), Max (mini schnauzer) and Bones (Rhodesian ridgeback)