[Dailydrool] Mission- Not so impossible

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sun Oct 2 06:23:47 PDT 2011

Ruger woofing in.  Yesterday my brother Colt & I went outside the wire on a seek & destroy mission of the Squirrelistan leader. When the intel came in that the Squirrelistan leader Ali-Muhammabad Squirrel  was only a few clicks away from our compound we had to move on it and move fast...no time to brief the momma of our mission. So off we went to capture, torture and destroy Ali-Muhammabad Squirrel the ASTT & the PBF's most wanted terrorist.  Unfortunetly our mission was cut short when momma realized we were gone and sounded the alarm to the whole world that we were MIA!  It didn't take her and the other Aunties long to track us down, put us on leads, hug us, and then lead us back to ASTT HQ. So the mission was a bust! It took momma a few hours and a bottle of vino to get her heart to start beating again.  Next time Ali-Muhammabad Squirrel we will get you and kill you dead! Mark my woofs!
Ruger, Director of ASTT out.

Momma here...yesterday must have been the great hound escape day...Bev I am so glad that Llewis, Nigel, & Conley had a good time playing in the mud & that they are safe and sound. As for Dadperson...I just hope that you did not get buried in the front yard with the new plumbing. As for my 2...I can't blame anyone but myself. The boyz had been inside while I thinned & cleaned out a flower bed in the front yard.  After that I mulched it..dragging bags of mulch from the backyard to the front through the gate...needless to say I had a brain lapse and did not secure the gate once I had finished and then let the boyz out to enjoy a little bit of the georgous day. Thankfully I am an over protective momma and peek outside every 15-20 minutes to check on them...when I did no dogs in the backyard & gate standing open, my heart quit beating..in a panic call of "COLT, RUGER" that brought all of the neighbors outside to check on me/them the search was on.  I found them sniffing around my neighbors back yard 4 houses down...just happened to catch a glimpse of 2 basset butts and wagging tails. Once leashes were on, hounds secured, search called off, I couldn't breath...my heart still not beating and tears are flowing.  The horror of my boyz MIA just about crushed me.  Here is the bad thing.  The boyz are chipped and wear collors with names, addresses & phone number on it, along with a microchip tag and rabies tag. However...yesterday they had a bath and I washed their colllars and the collars were still hanging on the gate to their room to dry.  I think that I will be buying a back up collar with tags for them to wear while their primary collars dry...New rules in the house.  Dogs do not go outside without a collar and everytime the dogs go out a gate/security check must be made. It did take a few hours and a bottle of wine for my heart to start beating again.  It skips a beat everytime I think about this.

Wendie, We are so glad that you didn't need surgery and that you are home with the Bounders.  Rest, recooperate and get back to slaving away for those precious bounders.

So sorry that RJ has made his journey to the bridge.  May he live forever in the majic of your memories.
Heart healing drool to all of the families that have lost their precious hounds.
Healing drool to all the sick or injured hounds & humans out there.

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers (just relieved to have her boyz safely back home)
Colt "we were fine and would have been home before supper"
Ruger "dag nabbit women, you foiled our mission!"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...