[Dailydrool] Dog as medicine...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Mon Oct 3 16:58:57 PDT 2011

Oh, Bev - I BELLOWED out loud, tears running down my face, while reading your account of your BP reducing session with your crew.  With the exception of being able to open the door to let out our four it was like relieving life at our house.  Instead of shouldering each other on the way through the dog door, the NJ four sometimes grumble and snark at each other in their bid to be first on lead for a walkie.  We divide them up in male/female pairs as Dudley is absolutely positive Dozer will devour him while making their way around our loop.

Dud is our would-be Couch King, and my lap if allowed.  This would be fine if one of the others could at least share the unoccupied end but no...he goes into a frenzy if anyone, especially Dozer comes near.  Since this has resulted in me getting bitten he is only allowed up when the others are locked away in the garage.  Like Conley he adores the attention and now that you mention it, that could have been a purr I heard coming from him.

Thanks for a good belly laugh and shot of endorphins.  Nice to get them by laughing instead of sobbing over the loss of a Drooler's beloved houndie.

Sandi,
Mamaslave to the NJ4
Daisy, Delilah, Dozer and Dudley