[Dailydrool] Blood Pressure...the hound perspective

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Oct 5 08:19:12 PDT 2011

Ruger woofing in.  To comment on the Blood Pressure thread I thought that I would give the hound perspective on this subject... You humans don't do much for our blood pressure either.  We try to go out on walkabouts in our neighborhood to go sniffing all the things you won't let us sniff on "our walks" (paws making air quotes) and you all come out screaming and hollering for us with your panties all in a wad, leash us up and drag us back to the house.  Like you think we are incapable of taking care of ourselves...dog does that get my blood pressure up.  AND OUR WALKS!!! whose walk is it anyway...Ours!!! and you won't let us sniff We're hounds...thats what we do...SNIFF!!!  Then there is the late breakfast or supper bowls!  We hounds like a timely routine. 0600 wake up, 0605 potty, 0615 breakfast, 0715 walkie...letting us sniff anything & everything of course. 0745 nap, 1130 treat and potty break, 1145 treat and/or hang outside depending on weather. 1230 Nap, 1430 potty break and yard time (again depending on weather) 1500 nap, 1600 supper, 1630 potty break and yard patrol, 1700-1900 momma time, 1900 walk followed by TV with mom and bed time at 2100.  Now is that to hard to follow...must be because our momma can't seem to follow the schedule...something about her work schedule.  Look she needs to work this work schedule around our schedule...period! Okay now the big blood pressure buster is all the slave training that we have to do...Thank doG for all the work the hounds that were before us now ATB did...no wonder they are ATB...they needed a vacation from training these dim witted slaves. Dad is the worst!!! He was never been around bassets until Wolfie and Storm both atb then us.  Mom has had a lifetime of basset slave training and the women still needs a lot of work!  Constant reinforcement!!!  It's a wonder that Dr. B our vetman hasn't got Colt & I on blood pressure meds.  The only thing that lowers our blood pressure is TV time when momma rubs our bellys while she watchs TV...Unless she is watching the Colts football game, then Colt & I keep a wide berth from her...that women crazy yelling at those poor football players and the stupid couches.

Love and drool to all
Ruger out.  "now where is that cork screw...I need a glass of wine"
Colt "I need a tummy rub...my b/p up"