[Dailydrool] This and that

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 05:09:02 PDT 2011

It looks like it really is going to be a tight race for the Shelter
Challenge. I'm so happy to say that BaRCSE is in first place but, even with
all of us voting, there is only about two percentage points separating us
from the rescue in second place. I know we'll pull it off with all of your
help though. We're really going to need everyone to vote every day this time
for sure!

Jackie, a while ago we went through the whole cough, cough, hack, hack thing
here with all the hounds. Actually it was when Tybee first came to us and we
were getting ready for his surgery. Gosh, I guess we were lucky because no
on actually got acutely ill. Just all five were coughing at one point or
another. Years ago, Jersey came to us with kennel cough that morphed into
something really dreadful. I couldn't believe how fast she got terribly
sick. She really had us scared for the first few days so I have a tendency
to really pay attention when anyone starts to cough here. You have to feel
like you're running a pharmacy with all the pills you're handing out right
now!

Tybee is six weeks post op today! There for a while I didn't think we were
ever going to get through this whole ordeal but time has actually gone
pretty fast. I let him outside with the girls on his own just now and he's
really enjoying being off leash. I've lightened up a little over the past
couple of days and let him play a little rougher than I have been. Today
we'll go visit our wonderful vet and see what he thinks of Ty's progress and
if it's ok to let this sweet boy go to his new family. I'm so glad that he
has someone who will love him like we do but I'm sure going to miss this
little guy and his foolishness. The Houndettes are going to miss him too.
Ginger especially. She has not tried to eat Tybee even once! She seems to
just love him and has been really wonderful with him since he's been with
us. Maybe she's turning over a new leaf!

Heart healing drool and prayers of comfort to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
with foster boy Tybee