[Dailydrool] Clara's gotcha day

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Thu Oct 6 07:01:15 PDT 2011

I cannot believe it is four years since  a small basset girl stomped up to me, gave me the uppy downy look and decided I could take her home.
At the time, although her previous owners insisted she was three-and-a-half, she looked about 18 months. This is partly because she is tiny and partly because she is very light boned.

Four years later she is the same size, but more muscular and is going very grey. She remains a sweet and loving girl -  if a bit of a trouble maker. It is her who creeps into my bed every morning (despite it being off limits). It is her who is on my lap if I am sitting, and on my feet if I am standing. She is my meeter and greeter, my social butterfly. She only has friends.

Despite her grey coat, she remains fit and healthy. Thankfully.

Happy gotcha day my sweetie.

Sally, with Pw Rolph OEBE and Clara, UK