[Dailydrool] Lipase Question

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Fri Oct 7 07:23:15 PDT 2011

Pixel has recovered well from pancreatitis which started about a month ago
 Her Amylase went back to normal almost immediately but the Lipase has still
remained high.  Our vet performed the SNAP cPL test on her last week (which
is the most sensitive to pancreatitis) and it was perfectly normal.  She is
acting normal and we still have her on Royal Canin, chicken breast and
non-fat chicken broth.
She was on antibiotics for almost three weeks and is now completely off of
them.  We give her absolutely nothing with high fat--even have cut out her
fish oil pill for now.

She had a complete senior panel and all was normal (kidney, liver, glucose,
etc.)  He is completely puzzled as she is normal in every way but the
Lipase.I trust him completely and he has been our vet and personal friend
for 30 years.

  Anyone ever have this happen?

Sally Russell