[Dailydrool] Chickens

John T. McEarchern III jmcearchern1 at cfl.rr.com
Fri Oct 7 18:06:49 PDT 2011

Dogs meant to hunt don't make good farm dogs, they will kill chickens and other kinds of poultry. One of my hens got out last week and 2 bassets had it in a flash, I saved her and she was OK!! The reason I have one of my Bassets is that she caught a few chickens and I saved her life. My chickens are in a varmit and Basset proof coop and that's where they will stay. A few months ago the poultry getting Basset was running around with something in her mouth and it was one of the neighbors young turkeys, I didn't tell them, it was in my yard and fair game! Ya'll have a good weekend. Drool to all.

Basset slave to Lucy (leave something on the counter dad) and Poppy (poultry getter champion)