[Dailydrool] Anal gland issues

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 20:24:57 PDT 2011

To Lexie's mom- I am surprised that your vet has not yet suggested
removing the anal glands surgically.  Pw. Annabelle ATB  had anal
gland problems persistently, and after several rounds of impaction,
infection, treatment, etc., then having it all happen again a few
months later, our vet suggested having them removed.  He said then
that it was an operation he did fairly routinely - probably at least
2-3 times a month.  Now, this was 12 years ago or so, but I seem to
recall that the operation only cost $450-500; and from what you've
said, you've already spent more than that, with no result.  So I would
urge you to really consider having them permanenetly removed.  if your
vet doesn't seem to like that idea, ask him how many removals he has
done, and if he hasn't, ask him to refer you to someone who has done a
lot of them.  If he's agood vet, he should have no problem doing that
for you.

Good luck!
--Menzie