[Dailydrool] Calling all knitters

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 06:05:22 PDT 2011

Last week I bought a knitting pattern for a basset hound. In the picture it looks really good, like a proper basset, not just a sausage with ears.

Now, the thing is although I can knit, I don't. If I tried to knit this, it would end up looking like an unholy liason betweena rino and an elephant.

What I want is to use this pattern to raise funds for rescues. Basset hound Welfare in the UK is financially OK at the moment, so this can benefit rescues in the US

I need to find someone like my gran, who could knit a pair of socks with perfectly turned heals in less time than it took me to put my shoes on.

If anyone fancies knitting a few bassets to raise cash for rescue let me know. If enough people want it, I will copy the pattern and send it to however many want it.

I also have a pattern for a rough collie.

Sally, with Pw Rolph OEBE and Clara, UK