[Dailydrool] Keep on thinkin', Butch

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 21:06:29 PDT 2011

My bassets are double teaming me. Bo has torn his "third" eyelid somehow and it is a little infected. We have been to the vet and I have ointment to put in his eye twice a day--it should heal fine...IF..we can stop his brother Harley from constantly licking Bo's eye for him.

Well, okay. So we put a cone on Bo. No good. Harley sticks his snooter in the cone and licks Bo's face. So we put a cone on Harley too. No good. They work it out so that the cones overlap (enclosing the two basset faces in a plastic bubble) and Harley licks Bo's eye. How about no cone on Bo, cone on Harley? Bo presents his face inside Harley's cone for a good eye-licking. Okay. So I bought Bo "doggles"--doggie sunglasses. An inspired idea. Worked for about 20 minutes until Bo figured out how to scrape them off his head on the fence. All right, guys--so I separate the dogs in two different spaces. Whichever one is not with me moans piteously. This isn't gonna work tonight if any of us want any sleep. Right now I am with both dogs watching them like hawks. Dusk is coming. Sooner or later it will be bedtime. I am thinking.

My husband always quotes Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. "Keep on thinkin', Butch". Hmmm. Maybe I will try a rubber band around Harley's snooter. ....just kidding....