[Dailydrool] @ Harry's mom, Laura

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:03:41 PDT 2011

OK, I'm sitting here at work like a complete idiot with tears streaming down
my face. What an absolutely beautiful tribute to your heart boy, Harry. What
is it about these goofy, long-eared, sad-eyed hounds with personalities like
no other that capture our hearts so completely and won't let go? I know I've
never known true love until I looked into the eyes of my furry babies. And
though they're not with us nearly as long as they should be, and our hearts
are shattered when they leave, we wouldn't have had it any other way. Laura,
I know we all can feel the unconditional love you have for your Harry and we
all share in your heartache right now. I just want to go home right now &
hug all of mine. And I think on the day that God created Basset Hounds, he
took a look at the finished product, smiled a really big smile, and knew he
had done something incredibly wonderful. God bless.

Condolences also to everyone else who has lost one of their loves lately. I
hate death so much. I know my Pongo is up there keeping my mom company until
I see them again. Drool to all who are sick, human and furry.

Please check out the Woofle, http://bassets2.moonfruit.com/. Have you seen
photos of Buster? He looks like a totally new dog. It is so heartwarming to
see a rescued baby come around this way. Amazing.

And please keep voting for the Shelter Challenge (shoot, I'm going to the
computers of my workmates and voting too).

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."