[Dailydrool] Triflexis

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Tue Oct 18 14:55:46 PDT 2011

The Bad Ass Basset Brothers just had their annual physical and vaccinations last week. Clean bill of health for the brothers!  Just need to loose 2-4 pounds to get them in lean mean squirrel chasing machine shape.

They will be starting on Triflexis in Dec. They are currently on Comfortis (flea) and Iverheart (Heartworm) now and will finish up their supplies of those 2 meds before starting Triflexis.

Per their vet (which I love Dr. B!!! he stays up on all the current meds for his patients)  Triflexis is a combination of Comfortis and Interceptor and it is in his opinion the latest and greatest thing on the market to prevent fleas, heartworms and intestinal parasites. Per Dr B. Triflexis gives you a better range of coverage (more icky paraisites) then most of the other preventatives.  Plus it is less expensive then the 2 meds that we are currently using.  We will be saving about $30 per 3 month supply (6 pill box--split between the boyz)

However be careful with seizure dogs!  If you have a dog with siezures Talk to you vet!!!  When I asked Dr. B about this last week because Ruger has a history with seizures...(2 seizures 13 month seperation between them) he said that if he hasn't had any problem with Comfortis he shouldn't have any problem with the Triflexis. The siezure thing was a red flag to him and he even called the company and talked to their chemist/vets.  I was told that if either of the 2 hounds have any ill side effects to let him know and he will refund my money for the product.

Also He said to avoid upset tummies always give Triflexis or any other heartworm and or flea prevention tablets with food.  Preferably after a meal.

Also just FYI: Both the boyz vet and the 2 vets that I work with through my Doggie Day Care gig are recommending Triflexis to all of their patients.

Hope that this helps....
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "Fit as a Fiddle!!!"
Ruger "he is more like a Cello and I am a fiddle"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...