[Dailydrool] Chicken Allergy

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Tue Oct 18 18:20:50 PDT 2011

Momma here--now who would of ever thought a hound could be allergic to chicken--I never gave it a thought--I mean I bought this stuff by the ton-Elder Clara could not tolerate beef--I cook for the gang and chicken, veggies and such were the staple here---but then-- Elder Clara is gone--Sister Daisy got so sick and refused food--I went back to the store and got ground beef (among many many other goodies I might add)--started the gang on ground beef and veggies--the kibble was lamb---now salmon----and a very interesting thing happened. Jakes belly looked so much better--not pawfect, but oh my--what a difference--but--I admit-thinking-or lack of--that he was just finally clearing up--I gave him some chicken---with in hours he was a mess----belly red, the whole mess all over again. It was like a light bulb went off--could it really be chicken?? Really????  A dog allergic to that??  Took him off chicken, read every label, made sure there is nothing over his choppers with chicken--he looked so much better until hubby gave him a milkbone---yes they do---chicken--just like the dog food cans that say beef--or lamb or what ever--poor Jake--here we go again---soooooo----ther treat of choice is now childrens animal crackers--nice and small, 5 calories each, no chicken--and they are also cheap, I get the monster jug for about  5 dollars or so--and there are about a million in the jug-they get 4 each a day. Unless hubby is handing them out--what a sucker for basset eyes-
I also think Marlenes Maggie is allergic to chicken and I have mentioned this to others and they too have went hmmmmmmmmm-----
We all have had a ruff itchy year---and no--I didnt have Jake tested, but this "home made" test sure opened my eyes---and made me read more labels, and keep the big boy off chicken.
Jake that is better said thanks Mom--Elwood said he would eat anything--and Sister Daisy said beef is her favorite, but keep the liver---with the cooler weather they have all had a case of the feed mez around here----I am thinking I will send them to Cheryls----or maybe I will just take my bowl over for a meal---

Drool to all in need----

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake