[Dailydrool] Question about anal gland issues

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 10:51:08 PDT 2011

I've seen several things about issues with the old anal glands. My foster
sweetie-pie, Mugsy (or Chug-a-lugs as I like to call him) has been having a
real issue with this, especially his right anal gland. Now the vet tech says
his glands are a little trickier to get to (maybe that was a polite way to
say he has a really big rump!) and he was "carpet surfing" again the other
night so I had them express his glands yesterday when he went in for his
yearly shots. And again, his right gland was full (ouuuuuccccchhhhh mama, he
yells as they squeeze it) and his left one was ok, and no signs of an
infection.

I'm going to start adding the canned pumpkin to his food to help. What else
has anyone had success with food-wise or any other tricks that might help
with these darned old anal glands? And Mugsy would also like to send his
"boot-scootin'" thanks.

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."