[Dailydrool] Overweight hound

Nicole Haase nicole.haase at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 21:48:59 PDT 2011

Flash has lost about 5 pounds over the last year, but is obviously still
overweight. The problem is, I'm not sure why.

My hounds get about a cup and a half of Iams adult kibble one time a day. It
has a tablespoon of wet food or pumpkin mixed in with it. That's it. There's
not much to be cut back here. We tried the green beans, but the dogs just
didn't eat.

We know that Flash could use more exercise, but at his age, he doesn't make
it very far. We go around the block and his legs shake a bit or he lays down
to rest.

I have to say, I'm kind of at a loss on how to pull the pounds of my dogs.
They clearly don't overeat.

--
Nicole Haase
nicole.haase at gmail.com