[Dailydrool] pill challenge!

don/jan cook tudor2 at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 21 12:11:19 PDT 2011

I have an 14 yr. old Wheaton I agreed to keep until he passes on (it was supposed to be 1 1/2 yr ago now!) and he refuses his Tramadoyl. Wheatons are not hounds! He bit me over food issues the first week I had him.
The Bldhnd has put him in his place a few times, but now everyone knows their pecking order and peace reigns!
Meanwhile I too tried everything to give him his painkiller. Yesterday I think Stuart the Basset got all the Wheaton pills, as Rufus wasn't hungry, and Stuart was lurking............ dish empty..... hmm.
I tried what someone on the DD suggested, cream cheese and we have used it twice, and it works!
So far, so good.
I had tried soft food, pill pockets, peanut butter, regular cheese, hot dogs, and he would eat around them all, and leave the pill on the mat beside the dish.
So thanks to the DD'er who suggested cream cheese!

Jan, and Stuart (Rufus' painkiller? I don't care, la, la, la! I'm happy)