[Dailydrool] TGIF

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 11:59:55 PDT 2011

Ah, Friday again. First off, drool & healing to all in need. I forgot all
about this. Monday was my one-year "gotcha" day for the rottenest little
stinker I've ever had in my life, my baby boy, Quincy P. Fartwhistle. Whew,
what a year. We've run the gamut from potty training (which I think is
finally complete) to chewed-up tables, holes in countless pairs of socks,
chasing the cat, the occasional "I think I'm bigger than you Mugsy so I'm
the boss around here" ear chewing, and so much more. I'd forgotten the
"Joys" of puppyhood, but I wouldn't change a think. Wellll, maybe I'd have
earnestly tried crate training but that just wasn't meant to be. He is a
stinker, a pistol, and the cutest little pink-nosed baby I've ever seen and
I'm in love forever. Quincy, when you lay your little chin on my leg or curl
up next to me at night, my heart hurts with all the love I feel for you. May
God grant you a long & healthy life.

I just ordered my Barney Basset crochet pattern. How cute is that!!!!!  I'll
make a ton of these guys in all kinds of colors. I love to sit & crochet at
night. That is, when Quincy isn't grabbing my ball of yarn & running off
with it.

Well, I have some potentially happy/sad news. It looks like a forever home
may have been found for my 77 pound chunks of love foster boy, Mugsy. Chris
from WMBRI & I are going to check them out but Chris says they seem like a
wonderful couple and in the past they have rescued some houndies that had
been really sick & abused and given them a wonderful & loving home, nursing
them back to health. They lost their oldest a few months ago & are looking
for a companion for their remaining boy. Of course, I'm bawling my eyes out
this morning when I read the email but deep down inside I'm so happy that
Mugsy may get such a wonderful & loving home with people who love & adore
Bassets. Financially, I just cannot afford to adopt a third at this point.
If I could, I'd probably have 10 or 12. But I want to help where I can so
that's why I decided to foster. If everything works out, Mugsy will get a
wonderful home (and of course I'll demand visiting rights), Chris will get
some money for the rescue, and my home will be open for the next needy baby
that comes along. I sure will miss the big heffalump though, and Quincy will
be lost without his big bro. But it will be good for Quincy to socialize
with other dogs too. Sniff, sniff.

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."