[Dailydrool] Nothing in life is free and other helpful tips

Lisa Turnquist turnq007 at umn.edu
Fri Oct 21 13:17:18 PDT 2011

I can't say enough good things about the "Nothing in life is free" strategy
(aka NILIF). As one of the foster home coordinators for Basset Buddies
Rescue I get lots of calls from foster homes having difficulties as well as
homes who are considering giving their basset up to  rescue because of
behavior issues.  NILIF helps with many of the situations.  We rarely have
the finances to use professional trainers but it is amazing what people can
do on their own with a little help.  I have lost count of how many times I
have recommended a behavior tip from the Denver Dumb Friends League website.
There are tip sheets on NILIF, crate training, house training, separation
anxiety just to name a few.   They are excellent and free.  What a wonderful
resource.

http://www.ddfl.org/education/dog-behavior-tips

Lisa and the MN Woofers.

Ella Marie, Hank, Copper and Sid ATB