[Dailydrool] Hello Everyone!

Beryl Silberg berylrich2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 11:01:00 PDT 2011

I'm getting caught up on my Daily Drools today, and enjoying all the basset emails.  My heart goes out to those families who have lost their loved ones and hope that their trips to the Bridge are bringing them to all our bassets who are waiting for them there.  I was taken by the description of Tony who simply doesn't know how to play - as Raymond is the same way.  He adopted us 6 years ago when he was 4, and we've tried playing with him these past years, but to no avail.  He might seems interested in a game type of activity for 3 seconds, but that's all.  My son who visits often (he was raised with our many bassets and always played with them) can't believe he won't play - but he won't.  So if anyone thinks of a way to get Raymond to enjoy a little ball toss or something simple, please let us know.

I have missed many Drools for these passed weeks, and am particularly interested in seeing  Elsinore's video - which I never got to see.  Is there a video out there of Elsinore's wonderful PR movie she made in the hospice hospital?  If so, will someone please put me in touch with it.  It sounds like a really good show!

Fall weather is sure agreeing with Raymond tne the 2 beagles.  What's interesting is that it's just beginning to cool off here in Kansas City, still is rather warm most of the time, but the 3 hounds are already becoming ravenously hungry 'way before mealtime.  It's so funny, just a few cool evenings, and they think it's cold, and their appetites have mushroomed.

Glad to be in touch again.  Raymond says Arooo to all his friends.                 Beryl & Raymond