[Dailydrool] A drool request

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 18:44:54 PDT 2011

Last weekend we were supposed to take in a second foster who found a home before he could be transported. This weekend we planned on picking up another hound, Dexter, who has serious vision problems. Just as we were about to drive to the vet's to get him, we got a call that he was having more trouble, and the vet decided to keep him for a few more days. We plan on picking him up whenever he's ready to leave.

I am asking drool for a hound I have never met or even seen a picture of. (Is that crazy?) But his situation breaks my heart, and the vet clearly adored him, so I'm sure he's a fine fellow. So if you could spare some drool for Dexter, we'd appreciate it. He has a foster home awaiting him, if he can just out the vet's door. I'm sure a sight-challenged hound doesn't want to be in a kennel any longer than he has to be!

You might also sling some good-behavior drool in our Holly's direction. Ever since she stepped in our door, she's believed I am all hers. We are a bit nervous that she might give Dexter a hard time, since she was both jealous and  merciless with my Belvedere, who could barely see a all. Dexter is a lot younger and healthier than Bel, despite his vision challenges, so I am hoping he will be less at Holly's mercy. If it doesn't work out, we'll have to go to plan B, but I am hoping we will be able to help this fellow.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets