[Dailydrool] Humphrey update

Nicole Lillico nicsm_za at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 00:26:19 PDT 2011

Hi

Just wanted to give everyone an update on Humphrey( he ruptured a disc on Thursday)

Humphrey has come on leaps and bounds since his surgery on Friday morning.
Yesterday when i went to visit him at lunch time, he actually walked outside to greet me!
He is still very wobbly on his feet, but they are calling him super dog at the Vetspital.(clearly they dont know the stubborn will of a basset)
He was on a bit of a hunger strike until last night, when he suddenly decided to wolf down a bowl of chicken just as we were
leaving for the night.
The surgeon said there was a possibility of him coming home today, so we are holding thumbs that this happens.
(This is a dog who has never spent a night away from home at all)

We are so grateful for all the emails and well wishes that you sent to us, as well as all the advice.

Nicole and David
Mom and Dad to Humphrey and Emma