[Dailydrool] Brudder Elwood--and those ToeBones--

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Tue Oct 25 17:05:16 PDT 2011

Momma here. Now, under normal circumstances Da Brudder would be telling this story--but he is what we will say indisposed at the moment--passed out in his crate. He spent the morning at Doc's with his group of ever famous ladies that fawn over him. That part he loves--the real reason he was there he hates. ToeBone cutting. Elwood has to be sedated to have a nail cut. There is no alternative--none---he has a foot fettish like none other, and he will bite.
But let me start this story off a couple days ago--Sunday. I get this wonderful idea that he is home, all is calm, I would give him Sister Daisy's Richards Organics "Calm" and once he was "very calm" the DH and I would slip on the muzzle, pin the varmit to the floor and zip the claws. This never happened-probably a stupid idea on my part-or so he told me that is---as he stayed alert and on guard all day. We gave up, never tried, the boy is nuts over these feet. I have to have hands to work you see------
I made the appt. Took him in today. They called me--said he is sleepy, but done. Then she said what is with this one and his feet?? I have never seen one worse--sigh. Yes this is Elwood----
So I go and get Elwood. His tail was up, you could tell he was still zooted, but this I also expected--he got in the back seat of the car--I picked him up in the company car not his BUV----he stood front paws on the center console, back feet in the rear seat, his head on my arm---awwwwww--how sweet!!!--He fell asleep on the way home, still in the same position.
Sweet lasted until I got into the driveway.
I rubbed his head and told him we were home. I opened the door, took the leash gave him a gentle pull and said come on-you are home. He growled at me and did not move. It was about that time that I became very aware I now have a problem---half the dog in the front of the car, half in the backseat. I opened the rear door, figured I would push him over the console by the rumpbones--maybe not--he snarled big time. I pulled the leash on the front end again--more snarling. He will not budge. Back I go into the backseat again. I did get a push on the rumpbone--but the snarling was horrible. He didn't budge.  By this time he had plucked my last nerve-I slammed the back car door, grabbed the leash again and pulled as he snarled and told him to drag his ass out of the car NOW. 10 minutes later he moved, hopped out of the car like no big deal. He was not snarling, but I was--this was payback and I knew it--only Brudder Elwood-----

Brudder Elwood is sleeping off his day of horror-I can hardly wait to see the look on his snooter when he sees his toebones!!!!

Drool to all in need----

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake