[Dailydrool] Big announcement for the Tri-State Basset Hound Rescue!

D M jrsygrl71 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 12:58:48 PDT 2011

Hi everyone-

We'd like to announce the re-structuring of the Tri-State Basset Hound Rescue. We are very happy to announce that Eric Stevenson has officially returned to TSBHR!  For those of you who don't know Eric, he & his wife, Nancy, have saved countless Basset Hounds (among other dogs) for quite a few years.  They have adopted from Tri-State, had two of their dogs, Bella & Blue, serve as co-Grand Marshalls at the Boardwaddle, earned honors as top fundraisers & have fostered many, many dogs- primarily the most difficult ones.  When our prior president & vice president resigned, our immediate thought was to reach out to Eric hoping he would now see the opportunity to return & thankfully, he said yes.  Eric will now serve as Vice President & he will also be responsible for any intake (including owner surrenders) & will also be the foster coordinator.  He is more than capable & completely up to the task.  Welcome back, Eric!!  We missed you!

While Eric will be Vice President, there has to be a President, right?  Well, that person is now Sue Mason!  Sue has proven that she can handle anything thrown at her & has been involved in animal rescue (domestic & wildlife) for over 30 years.  She also has fostered countless dogs & has been responsible for keeping track of the dogs we have in rescue & matching them with their forever homes.  Sue is also our point of contact for our kennel project, which will be a huge undertaking.  Congratulations, Sue!

With Sue being moved to President & Eric taking on the role of Vice President, we have asked Trustee, Pam Morgan, to accept the position of Secretary & I will remain the Treasurer.  We have also added Trustee, Walli Gnatowski, to the board.  Walli ran the Long Island Olympics for many years & is a huge animal advocate, helping to save many dogs with all of the friends & contacts she's made over the years.  She is a great representation for our friends in the New York area!  Welcome on board, Walli!

There are some very hard decisions to be made at this level of responsibility & it's basically like taking on an additional full time job all for the love of the dog.  I truly feel that we are now going to be stronger than ever!

Thank you for your support!

Dana Mania