[Dailydrool] Drool for Nigel

Anita Sacrey agilitydawgz at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 10 16:44:02 PDT 2011

We are sending bucket loads of Drool for Nigel and his back, and for his very worried mom and family.
These back issues are heart breaking.  I remember kicking myself for not realizing what Rosie's problem was, until she became paralyzed. She was starting to have potty accidents in the house, so we thought UTIs.  Which she was having, but the root cause was the back issue. She was lethargic and acted as if she had no energy.  I thought it was age, but it was the back.  I was really upset with myself for a long time for not realizing sooner what was going on.  I think it is common for us to beat up on ourselves for not knowing.  The fact is, these dogs are so tough that the clues they give us are very subtle.  And when you are a busy person, it's hard to pick up on some of those things.  I just hope that maybe my experience with Rosie can help someone else with a similar issue.  And I hope it helps Bev to know that she is not the only one who missed clues like this.
Praying and drooling for a good outcome for Nigel.  Stay strong, mom, he needs that from you.
Anita Sacrey

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better."
- George Bird Evans