[Dailydrool] Shelter Challenge

Susan Fulmer susanbfulmer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 10:03:52 PDT 2011

I think our biggest challenge with the shelter challenge is getting enough
votes over the weekend.  We were holding at around 2% ahead before last
weekend.  Then we ended the weekend around 2% behind.  We are basically tied
right now, so that shows how hard everyone has been pushing the votes this
week.

The best way to pull ahead is keep networking.  I agree with Karen about
posting on facebook and other social network.  Since I adopted Eli from
BaRCSE and have fostered a couple BaRCSE dogs, I also personally wrote an
email to friends, family, and co-workers asking for their votes.  Sometimes
a more personal note is more likely to get a response than a canned "Vote-
here's the link!" type email.  Obviously, not everyone has a personal
connection to BaRCSE, but we all have a connection through our beloved
bassets.  So maybe try telling the story of your basset(s), your connection
to rescue, and how all the droolers work together to help the basset rescues
throughout the world.

Everyone has been really happy to vote, but some of them just need to be
reminded (including my husband).  I have also asked co-workers if they mind
me logging into their computers to vote for them when they are out of the
office.  No one has objected, and the boss approves (the boss is a big fan
of Eli and his "soft rumpus".).

Last thing- I am curious if anyone has tried voting from a library.  It
would be hard to do regularly unless you work there.  Wondering if other
groups do that, and you would not be able to vote?

Ok, really the last (but definitely not least) thing- like everyone else, we
are thrilled for Nigel and can't wait for him to get his wheels!  Eli says,
"Best of luck, Nigel!  I hope you get a race track too."

-Susan, Eli, Noah (ATB)