[Dailydrool] this and that

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 20:13:24 PDT 2011

The girls are all having their after dinner mid evening naps.  Lots of
snoring goes on in here.  Wouldn't want to light a match in here.  Lots of
gas and not from the humans.  Even the kitties are asleep.  Davinci is
asleep on his bowl.  Picasso is hiding.

Maggie has decided that the coffee table is the best place to stand.  It is
a very short table, actually an end table.  Maggie just hops up like it was
made for her.  She jumps up and puts her face in my face.  She wants to be
loved so much.  I think she has an inferiority complex.  She is so sweet.
Right now she is asleep on the couch next to me.  Her big back feet are on
me.  Such a sweet little girl.  It also helps if you have steak.  She is
very, very sweet in the presence of steak.  There is not a bigger food hound
than Miss Maggie.  She would fly over counters for food.  And yet she is so
sweet she would give back things if she stole them.

Maggie's original people got a divorce and couldn't keep her.  She was at
the local shelter.  She was in a cage with a dog named Elvis.  He was not a
basset.  She stuck her great big head through the bars to get us to pet her
as we walked by.  I just couldn't leave her there.  She was so big and so
sweet.   I have never seen a basset with a bigger head.  She looks like a
boy.  She looks like an alligator when she opens her mouth.  She looks like
a very sweet alligator.  She is a sweet alligator covered with naughty
spots.  And right now she is a sweet big girl asleep on her zebra blanket on
the couch.  Life is full of sweetness if you look for it.  Sweetness is
rubbing a very spotted basset belly sleeping next to you on the couch.  She
is waiting for her boy to get home so she can cuddle with him.

We had a weird experience tonight.  A couple of hours ago the girls went
nuts and ran to the fron door barking and growling.  We didn't think
anything of it since the boys were out and coming home sometime soon.  They
calmed down and it sounded like the front door was opening and closing.
About 5 minutes later they went nuts again.  No one came in to say they were
home or anything.  It was weird.  I texted boy #3 because he was just off
work and supposedly going to a friend's house.  He called back and said he
was still on the way to the friend's house.  Had not come home.  I texted
boy #2 and asked if he was still at work.  He had not been home.  Very
strange.  DH got up and locked the front door.  Then checked to make sure
the garage was closed.  Either we have a ghost or someone got very close to
our front door.  It could have been one of the boys' friends.  They come in
and out when the boys are here.  Kind of spooky.  Hopefully if someone did
come into the yard, all the barking and bellowing will scare them off.

All is calm right now.  Ninja is not a happy girl.  She can't be by her
mamma when Maggie is.  I need to go outside and see if everything is ok.  I
guess I could take a big strong basset with me.  Of course if someone was
hanging around, said big strong basset would roll over and want a belly
rub.  So much for all those fierce bellows.

Drool to all.  Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby, the fierce, bellowing
guardians of the mom and dad, bassets  The kitties are not talking.