[Dailydrool] Treatment of bed sores

Susan Woodward critters4 at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 1 13:55:13 PDT 2011

Does anyone have a sure fire treatment for a bed sore. I have a 15 year old
fur baby that has arthritis in her right rear hip. She lays on this side
constantly and has developed a bed sore in this area. She absolutely freaks
out when we have to go to the vet. Last time she turned feral and I thought
she was going to have a heart attack she got so worked up. My vet won't
prescribe any medication unless I bring her in..well, that's out of the
question. He did say wash the wound several times a day with mild soap and
water and when dry apply Neosporin to the area..and finished it off with
"Good Luck". Surely my droolers out there have a solution other than "Good
Luck". All treatments will be appreciated.

Susan & critters