[Dailydrool] Roland Recuperating

Janice Colvin jhenrycolvin75 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 13:24:14 PDT 2011

My dear Roland, OEBE CEO, had to step down from his duties during the past
24 hours and remain a couch/bed throw.  He couldn't walk 2 evenings ago.  We
found him at the foot of the stairs standing up, so I'm not sure what
happened.

I put him to bed ASAP, along with a rimadyl tablet.  As soon as the vet shop
opened, we were there.  Roland got to see his co-favorite vet, Dr. Julie
Rowley.  X-Rays showed no broken bones, but manipulation of his hips and the
resulting pain led Dr. Rowley to diagnose a soft tissue injury.  She
prescribed rest and some anti-inflamatory drugs and a pain killer. Also some
glucosamine product called Dasuquin, which also has soy and avocado.  This
last product is supposed to be liver flavored, but Roland spits it out w/o
the addition of peanut butter.

Roland does rest very well normally, but he's not into complete rest *WITH
NO WALKS*, He wants real walks involving a little speed.  He cannot do the
stairs, so it's trips on a leash to the front yard for all elimination
purposes.
He would welcome visits to his couch by his hound friends.  It just takes
time.

Janice Henry Colvin