[Dailydrool] Funday fancy dress

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 3 13:59:24 PDT 2011

I can't remember if I posted pictures from my local basset club's recent funday. I have a sneaking feeling I didn't.
So, here they are http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb25/Fitzspaniel/Basset%20fun%20day%202011/

Now, you will notice that Rolph and Clara appear in fancy dress. Rolph as a Scotsman and Clara as a French girl (unofficially Jamie Fraser and Claire Beauchamp if that means anything to anyone). They came first and third respectively - a dinosaur sneaked in between them. LOL

The thing is this. Every year I make them an outfit each, that they wear for about 10 minutes maximum, and then the outfit goes in the loft, because I can't bring myself to throw them away, but they can't use the same ones again.

I am desperately trying to de-clutter, so I have decided to put them on Houndsbay. I know all the rescues are desperate for funds, so rather  than just gathering dust they might help some needy hounds.

I just hope there might be some Droolers who would like some ready-made basset fancy dress. Also, I have to be honest - because they only wear them for a few minutes these costumes are not made with all the attention to detail I would put into human clothes to be worn every day.

Now, if I can just get Houndsbay to work . . . .

Sally with Pw Rolph OEBE and Clara, who both want to help other needy hounds