[Dailydrool] At a Show with Becky Pomeroy

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:36:29 PDT 2011

Many years ago when the earth and I were both green, I attended a regional
Basset specialty with-- probably-- Mitchell. I thought I had him all ready
to go-- he was just a pup. And then I saw this woman with a bunchabassets,
and she was going to town with all these products and brushes and combs and
man, her dogs sure looked slick!
But I didn't know her.  I knew maybe two people there.
I went over to her table and watched. After about three days I got up the
courage to ask, what is it you are using?
And she spent a half hour educating me about grooming Bassets, and what to
use, and how to use it, and when to use it and what to do about this and
that and the other. Maybe forty minutes.

And I have never forgotten Becky Pomeroy's kindness, generosity and
willingness to teach a doofus.
Not all breeder-exhibitors are like that, not at all.
But Becky was.
And I wish her every kind of speedy recovery, and many years of excellent
health and happiness.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper.