[Dailydrool] Gus the "Thief"

sfwill at aol.com sfwill at aol.com
Mon Sep 12 05:01:26 PDT 2011

first off. let me say that since rescuing gus 2 years ago, he's never been a food thief.  he'll pop himself up to the table to look at what's there, but won' t snatch.  never has.
yesterday was Pet Rock in new england.  it's a yearly huge pet expo and it happens to be in our neighborhood at a college, on the track.  so we walked over as we've done since gus arrived.  as you visit each exhibition, you acquire alot of samples and free stuff like toys, first aide kits, etc.  so i took a few samples of food and treats and put them in a recycleable bag i had brought with me.  the day before we had attnded Woofstock, the NEBasset rescue festival, so gus was psyched to once again be around lots of other pups.  when we got home, i put the bag on the floor, went into the bathroom, used the phone, etc.  meanwhile, he's had his head in the bag sniffing around.  he started whimpering for me to go over to the bag with him.  when i got there, he put his head in the bag, took out a bag of treats, then dropped it back in the bag and began whimpering, whimpering, whimpering.  in other words, he found what he wanted, picked it up in his mouth to show me, then dropped it back in the bag and wanted me to take it out and give it to him!  which of course, i did.
so my "thief" is a "thief" only when his accomplice is nearby and can "boost" it for him!
susan, loving slave to gus
gus-i no wanna get arrested so's i let her do da dirty deed!