[Dailydrool] Training the help

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 13 19:32:26 PDT 2011

Hi all, momPerson here,

I've just realized something.  We've lived in this very house more than 15
years.  Since the girls came along we've had some help with the yard and the
upkeep.  The housekeeper comes in on a day a work in the office.  I've always
left her about half a dozen dog treats to bribe the dog to get out of her way
and/or come back inside if they got loose.  Usually we'd come home and find the
container and the treats she didn't use.  Similarly we leave a container with
treats in the side yard (which is double gated) so that the gardener and the
meter reader can be welcome in the dogs eyes.  Once or twice a month I'd
replentish the treats. Well, we've never had had a basset before.  I guess I'm a
little slow on the uptake but I just filled the outside container AND the inside
container last night.  I guess the housekeeper and the gardcner came today while
I was at work but guess what...... BOTH of the those containers are EMPTY.  And
I KNOW I put at least half a dozen in each ..... yesterday.  And now that I
think about it the same thing happened last week .... and the week before that
... and ..... ummmmmmm

Somebody's been retraining the help and it's not been me and it's not been Cyrus
either or he'd have done it years ago.

Did I mention Snoopy's back to normal?  Yesterday he was stealing everything in
side, snarking at Cyrus and then he was a holy terror on their walk.  Yup, back
to normal around here.

confused momPerson

P.S.  Drool to all in need ... we've got plenty.