[Dailydrool] Itchies

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 07:47:51 PDT 2011

Holly the foster and Jane went with us to Tri-State's picnic this weekend. Everyone had a great time, but I noticed that while we were there, Holly's foot got really itchy and red. She's had itchy problems ever since we got her a couple of months ago, and we changed foods, to be sure she wasn't allergic to anything she was eating. That didn't solve the problem entirely, so I figured she might have an inhaled allergy. After our experience on Saturday, though, I'm thinking she might be allergic to grass. She is already on a couple of pills of Benedryl a day, but does anyone have advice on how to handle this? Wiping off paws? (That will be a challenge. She hates having her left paw picked up, I noticed recently.) Anything else?

I'm an old hand at food allergies, but this is new to me.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets