[Dailydrool] Food Allergies & others

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Thu Sep 22 07:01:36 PDT 2011

My Maggie Wags has really bad allergies, she has been tested twice in the
last five years, first time  she had so many allergies, she too has to have
two bottles of extract  then two years later she took a turn for the worst
and we tested her again and she had even more allergies that didn't show
up  in the first testing,  so they can develop more allergies on top  of what
they all ready have.
what works for us is dividing  her allergen extract injections in to  half
dose every two weeks during the peek allergy season instead of the once a
month maintenance injection,  you might want to ask your vet about that for
Miles, Cindy. I use to use the Mal-A-Tec shampoo, then I found Malaseb
shampoo  on line  but what works best for Maggie is  "Super Be Clean Shampoo  "
from Pet Meds   it is for anti bacterial, anti fungal and  crusty sebborea
skin  irritations,  it is mild enough to use for  puppies also and you can
bath them once a week with it and you don't need  a  conditioner. the thing I
don't like about it, is that it does not lather  real easy  it is super
concentrated and you have to keep adding water to  get a good lather.  it really
helps to calm Maggies itchies.
the shots are NOT  a cure all, but they help big time  and yes ,  when you
first start the shots, the dog gets WORSE !!!!!  big time and it  takes at
least two to three months before you see a difference,     Maggie is in a
flare up for the last three weeks and it is a constant vigil  on what to do or
give to find some relief.  the Benadryl did NOTHING,  does not even touch
the problem so we had to go with Claritin 10 mg  and we  use a damp cloth and
do a body and feet wipe down when she comes in the house.  and NEVER and I
mean NEVER start the shots in the summer during peak  allergy season,
because you will over load their immune  system. always wait to fall or early
spring  I learned this the hard  way
Hope this helps,

Marlene  mommy to Maggie Wags & Evil  Annie