[Dailydrool] Golden Gate Bassets--an amazing time

Dossey, Gwenda G gdossey at te.com
Mon Sep 26 07:15:48 PDT 2011

Posting on behalf of Sandra Culpepper...

Yesterday (Saturday), I had the BEST adventure time with GGBR folks!!  Gwen Dossey has arranged meet-up groups for bassets in this area-- and yesterday, we first were in a Burlingame CA parade!!  I had never waddled before--and Gwen let me have her "Madden" for a temporary "partner!"  Then, we went to Fort Funston for a walk on the beach.  Everybody had a foraging good time.  Especially, her precious little "Sasha".  With her markings, she'll look alot like "Madden," her partner-in-foraging for crab legs, when the "brown truck" eventually will come :-(.  "Teddi" had a rollicking ROLLING good time as well!!  With all of that rolling she did--her "scotchguard coat" amazingly remained untainted! I really enjoyed meeting nice new folks and their hounds!  Basset folks are just the BEST, aren't they?  Donna, the foster coordinator--with her "Lola" had so many heart-warming stories of successful rescue placement for GGBR.  I am SUPER IMPRESSED--they are so amazing!!  And Amy (with her "Wellington" in my lap :-)) gave me a ride "home" (for an unsolicited donation :-)).  Todd with Fred and Wilma were all so nice, too!  Gwen does fund-raising for the organization as well, and was my Secret Partner last year.  It was all so FANTASTIC!!

Maybe it was just a dream...