[Dailydrool] My Harry - update

Laura Moravinski lou.mo at comcast.net
Wed Sep 28 07:25:42 PDT 2011

Well, the news for my boy just does not seem to be getting any better.  We had him to the vet and his blood results were in.  They repeated the test twice to verify the numbers.  Unfortunately they were accurate.  His white cell count and platelets are in the basement.  The vet explained that normal platelet counts run between 67,000-100,000.  Anything under 40,000 and he could bleed out from any rupture, anywhere.  My Harry’s count was 37,000.  There are 3 options still on the table.....tick bourne disease, auto-immune disease or leukemia.  We are starting with a tick titer to rule out the easiest first.  I am hoping against hope that this whole mess was caused by one of those little b@%tards so we can treat him with antibiotics and sing a happy song.  If those tests come back negative, well, let’s just say Harry has an endgame.

If you can spare alittle drool, we could use it.

Thanks,
Laura and Harry Moravinski