[Dailydrool] Mistaken identity

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Wed Sep 28 07:40:09 PDT 2011

Here in the UK basset Hounds are comparitively rare - well they are where I live anyway.
As a result, I forever hear children and adults busily describing Rolph and Clara as "sausage dogs" ie dachshunds.
So prevelent is this idea that one of my daughters threatened to make me a Tshirt saying They are basset hounds not sausages.
On top of that, Rolph, with his manly curls, is frequently presumed to be female - he would rather be thought of as a dachshund.

Drool to all in need

Sally, with Pw Rolph OEBE and Clara, UK