[Dailydrool] Ups and downs

Synthia and Hounds mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 29 09:28:11 PDT 2011

Pearl has been doing very well. She's eating well, at the front of the pack demanding her meals, and pretty much back to normal. Sutures came out Monday and all the incisions are well healed. Unfortunately her left rear leg is giving her some trouble today. I found her out dragging herself around the yard this morning and she just couldn't get that leg under her. When she got up to foot was flipped over and she would just tip over again. Not sure if she slipped and twisted something, or what happened. She is still having a hard time with that leg (she has always been wobbly in the back, with the left a little weaker) so we will make a trip to the vetman this afternoon. I don't know that there is much for them to do at this point since she is already on tramadol and neurontin and I don't want to use prednisone with her recent surgery. Mostly we are going so we have a baseline if she gets worse or to see if they do have additional suggestions. She is peeing fine and still eating and drinking. Not too happy in the bathroom, but when she is out with everyone she likes to cruise around and I want her to rest. She did like having her back and leg massaged, so will keep that up.
Anyway, little Miss Pearl could still use a few drops of the drool going around. I've been sick all week but am finally feeling better, so can work on getting her up and around again.
Thanks!
Drool going out to all houndies and slaves who are sick, at the bridge, or otherwise in need.
Synthia andPearl (this leg won't do what I tell it) Kahuna (I got the cat food and am drooling plenty!) Zuma (I can drool too!) and Cardiff and Griffin the large economy sized droolers