[Dailydrool] Ear problem

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Thu Sep 29 20:55:39 PDT 2011

Would anyone who has faced this problem please post to list or to me
privately their opinion and/or what worked for them in this scenario?
Our 3 year old male has had a really bad ear infection for the past 2
months. We are flushing it and applying mometamax but it continued to
drip pus. As of yesterday the vet put him on Baytril and another
antibiotic, gave 3 antiobiotic injections and send us home with more
mometamax. The vet informed us that if the infection isn't controlled
that it can move to the inner ear and eventually lead to a surgery to
remove the ear canal itself.

Do you agree with this treatment? Have you found other meds/holistic
treatments that have worked in the past?

Any advice, suggestions or experienced knowledge welcomed.
Thanks, Riche