[Dailydrool] Ending puppy mills

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 07:03:43 PDT 2011

In some ways Toronto may have a good idea, but the thing that concerns me is that as far as I could tell, no one checks out the people who are "buying" the puppies.

One of the great things about rescues is that they check on the homes that want to adopt dogs. They ask questions, call vets and landlords, and make certain there's a good chance that the adoption will work.

Even one of our local shelters has started doing home checks and looking into the people who want their dogs.

I hope it works in Toronto, but if dogs go out of the pet shops and still end up in shelters, it's not going to do much for their pet overpopulation problem.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets