[Dailydrool] Lip folds

LYNN and LINDA FERRELL ldferrell at msn.com
Sat Apr 7 08:36:55 PDT 2012

We have recurring issues with lip folds and the keeping them dry is a challenge with a nearly 13 year old Zoey who grows tired of human interventions and gets a wee bit snarky.

About a month ago she had dental work and at the same time a growth was removed from under her chin. It had stitches and they told us to keep it dry. HOW are we going to do that, we wondered. After a day and a half, Pw Snarky had enough with paper towels. HOWEVER we discovered that a bath towel and some distance were fine with her. We put the towel under her chin and pull it from side to side. She LOVES it and even leans into it in the sides, including those lip folds in the process.  The chin has long since healed and we keep up the towel routine for drying the wet face.

Zoey also had a growth on her gum and the vet was concerned. It was biopsied and thankfully it was benign. Whew! The Pw can now go back to focusing on her current nemesis, thunder. Composure has been a tremendous help in her managing her fears. It takes the edge off and she seeks solace in the bathroom, but at least the pacing and shaking and panting and trying to crawl over the top of us are minimized. Best wishes to all from Pw Z from the bathroom.
Linda, Lynn and Pw Zoey and Annie ATB