[Dailydrool] Snoopy and LuLu on Parade ... and Natalie too

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 7 13:29:47 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's Snoopy here,

Today was the Bunnies and Bonnets parade.  This is my second year.  There was
quite a nice compliment of bassets.  LuLu came.  She was a bit reserved at first
.... and then she decided to sniff all the bassets.  We were mingling and such
when the marching band Natalie is in fired up the drums and the bassets all
tried to scatter.  There was a golden retriever that got loose but happily she
was found safe and sound before the parade ended.

We were number 5.  Behind the marching bands.  Apparently in years past the
ponies left "presents" and made things difficult for the marching bands.  This
year we did not see ponies so either they did not come or else they went last.
 momPerson was glad we didn't see ponies .... last year I sneaked up on a pony
and sniffed his butt while momPerson wasn't looking.  Seriously.  She turned
around and I was standing with my foot on his haunch and my snooter inserted
into his butt having a good whiff and she says it's lucky he didn't kick me into
my grave.  She also says it's lucky she didn't have a heart attack right on the
spot.  This year, no ponies.  Thank Dog.

So LuLu and I we marched.  I let folks on the sidelines pet me.  I always let
everyone pet me.  Everyone always wants to pet me.  So it's all good.  LuLu
stayed toward the middle.  Look but don't touch.  That's my LuLu.  Only I can
touch her.  Well, if you are really nice and patient she will let you touch her
but she isn't very ...um....forward.  Yet.  Give her time.

Hope you all have a happy Easter.  We had our passover seder last night.  We got
brisket and we got matzah and we got birthday treats for LuLu (I WANT to go to
that store she went too) and then we got kicked out so they could have their
seder in peace.  Harumph!!!

More later from Snoopy

P.S.  If you can believe it they opened the door to invite Elijah in .... and
there stood momPerson inviting Elijah, and telling Cyrus and LuLu and me we
needed to stay outside on the rugs and lawn furniture.  Rebbe Flash can you
believe it?