[Dailydrool] Brudder Jake

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Tue Apr 10 17:52:53 PDT 2012

Momma here. Brudder Jake is my big red dog, he is a huge basset, there is nothing on this one that is small, he and Elwood stood shoulder to shoulder looking out the front door last week and the difference is shocking. In body Jake is a good 10 inches longer than Elwood. Jake is also a handful, once he trusts and loves you, it is a bond he does not forget. He will check you out before this happens, he is not a pushover.  Brudder Jake is also the bellhound here---his voice is as big as the rest of him. Jake is also my office dog. Everyday he goes up the stairs when I come off the road and will not come down until he hears the computer shut down, his sign that work day is done.
Today, I shut the computer down, remembered I had to make a call to a very important client. Jake was in the hall--I told him to hold his drawers on, I had to make a call and I shut the door to the office.
Mr Bellhound took offense to this after his working hours call. I hear him start up the howl, but he cranked into overdrive, and the lady on the other end finally said--do you have a child playing the tuba???  Uhhhhhhhh---no maam--its a basset hound----luckily she roared with laughter.
Brudder Jake--well, I think my big red dog was very pleased with himself.

Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake