[Dailydrool] Interceptor

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at us.hjheinz.com
Mon Apr 23 05:24:16 PDT 2012

Just wanted to pass along some info I got this weekend from my vets
office.

Apparently there is a shortage of Interceptor.  The plant that makes
this was shut down for a while. Prior to shutting down they obviously
did not make enough for the increased supply and demand.  The plant is
back up and running but they can't keep up with production.  The tech on
the phone also said they make Sentinel and some other very popular
products.

I put my dogs on Interceptor last year because the vet said it protected
them from roundworm, hookworm and a some others I can't remember off the
top of my head.  Lucy, at the time, seem to be succestible to everything
and contracted everything including hookworm last fall.  So after that,
I was sold.

But does Heartguard do the same thing with the other worms?  I'm sort of
hearing that it does...I guess I won't have much of a choice to switch
if there are problems with Interceptor production.  I haven't been able
to research it all yet for my other options.

The only reason I stumbled upon this was because I've only been buying
Lucy a 3 month supply at a time until she was able to get to 50 lbs.  So
now that she is, I will either have to cut into one of the other dog's
supply or I will have to switch her to something else.

Anyway, just thought I would share the info from my vet.

Love and drool to all in need
Annette, Schroeder, Sophie, Lucy, Apollo & Cash

This communication is intended for the use of the addressee
only and may contain information that is privileged or
confidential. If you are not the addressee, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or use of this
communication is prohibited. If you received this
communication in error, please destroy it, all copies and any
attachments and notify the sender as soon as possible. Any
comments, statements or opinions expressed in this
communication do not necessarily reflect those of H.J. Heinz
Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates.