[Dailydrool] Elijah, Snoopy, Cyrus, and LuLu

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 8 17:27:03 PDT 2012

Actually, that is quite likely.  Elijah is known to appear as a beggar and turn
him away at your peril.  But invite him to your incredible delight.

So, if he saw the bassets forlorn with their noses against the glass he would
very likely have joined them there and not come in.

I would have loved to have them inside and Cyrus and LuLu would have been fine.
 Snoopy, however, came to us with serious food aggression.  We have had quite a
bit of luck tempering it and a year and 3 months later we eat most meals at the
table with the dogs all around us.  We have a squirt bottle on the table ....
just in case.  But, for hours?  Come on .... I try to set my dogs up for success
here and that sounds like a recipe for disaster.  IF Snoopy looses his cool he
will challenge Cyrus and once that happens he will NOT back down .... turns into
a little monster and has to be banished to the "man cave" for a couple of
minutes to collect his thoughts.  Cyrus will NOT bite him .... but he absolutely
will NOT back down .... it can turn into a real shouting match and Cyrus is
typcially offended for days when it happens (getting rarer and rarer).  So, I
chose to not take the chance .... and the three of them cuddled up out back.

Maybe next year.

--Dale .... who may be clueless .... but not about this I don't think.