[Dailydrool] Thyroid testing

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Wed Aug 1 08:08:27 PDT 2012

I wanted to have Maggie's thyroid tested,  she still is NOT  growing back
her hair   which I was ( told )  was due to her  allergies,  I know about
allergies,  there again I am NOT a  dummy,  but my first Basset Lucy who also
had severe allergies,  loss  all most all of her hair and it was her thyroid.
 Maggie has been tested  before for allergies  & Thyroid and my first vet
had her on thyroid  meds for three years,  so I take Maggie to my new vets
for allergies and  they tested her thyroid and told me that she didn't need
thyroid medication so  they took her off the meds cold turkey,  well she is
almost bald,  so  I was told my by new vet that Maggie could not be tested
again until she was off  her preds !    and how in the hell do we do that
??????  hmmmmmm  any ways,  I called the veterinary clinic down at Ohio  State
and talked to a vet tech down there who in turn put a vet on the phone and  I
was told that the PREDS WILL NOT AFFECT the test results for thyroid !   but
I need to have a thyroid Profile done, not just a T-3 or T-4,
what I don't understand is WHY  can't everyone be on the same page  ???  it
is like going to three different human doctors and getting three  different
opinions !  if just two would agree that would be exciting  !  but oh no,
you get three different opinions,

Marlene  mommy to Maggie & Annie