[Dailydrool] Update on Maggie d'Earest

Tim Mayer tcm541 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 19:55:06 PDT 2012

Just a quick update on Maggie d'Earest. After 9 days of Tramadol and
Amoxicillin, Maggie can't stop wagging her tail: my baby's back! I am so
overwhelmed with joy. She 's as food obsessive as ever, the lump on her
chest is back to walnut size, like it was months ago, the lymph nodes are no
longer swollen, there isn't even a hint of a limp. She even played with
Dexter for a few minutes last night. When all this started, even the vet
thought she wouldn't come around. Boy, did this 14 year old stinker show us
all!

And a note to Dale - thank you for loving Cyrus all these years. A good
hound deserves that. (Even the not-so-good ones do.) I know the sorrow that
goes with losing a beloved basset, because like most of us on the Drool
list, I've been through it. And while there may be nothing that can provide
adequate comfort right now, the memories will provide joy in the future. I'm
at the point now that when I think of Beethoven, I no longer tear up, but
instead I get this tiny smile on my face, remembering just how special he
was.

Better go - Maggie wants cookies.

Tim n' puppies
Maggie d'Earest