[Dailydrool] Made in America vs USA

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 15:22:04 PDT 2012

My best friend works in the marketing department for a large Pet Store
brand and recently I suggested to her that they create a whole section
or endcap of Made in the USA stuff because it becomes so burdensome
always checking labels of toys, treats, etc. to determine if I want to
buy something for the boys. She forwarded my suggestion to her
director and they are now conducting research about how many consumers
feel strongly about this and seriously considering putting something
like this into effect.

I know here on the drool we have had many a conversation about finding
safe non-China-made products for our beloved hounds so I figure this
is the best place to ask the question that was posed to me....

Does it make a difference if something says Made in America vs. Made
in the USA? Do you have a preference?

Pawsonally I like Made in the USA better because America could be
considered North or South, but what about you? Any preference? Do you
feel there is a difference?

Thanks in advance. Cowboy and Rupert are hoping that our pawticipation
in giving this suggestion garners them some tasty (see: free) treats.

Love and drool to all,
Kacy with Cow and Ru