[Dailydrool] Smell removal

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Fri Aug 3 10:06:49 PDT 2012

To get dog stink out of your house, first identify where the problem is coming from. This may be harder than you might think, since smells can travel a bit. This morning I learned that the funny smell I thought was associated with the cat's litter box actually came from some bedding that Holly must have peed in.

Attack the smell with Kennel Odor Eliminator (KOE), available from www.calvetsupply.com. It is the best and least expensive smell remover out there. You must put it in a spray bottle and add water, but that's a small price to pay for such a great product. I simply used an old gallon sprayer from another product. Or buy a spray bottle in the dollar store and make up a small amount.

The smaller bottle of KOE (which makes 64 gallons) will last you almost forever. I have had it through many elderly dogs who were prone to peeing, and I have yet to finish off a single bottle. Probably, this bottle has been in our house for three to five years. And when I tell you I've cleaned up a lot of pee in my time, I mean it. It also works on vomit, poop, and even cat pee and vomit. Someone else on the list said she used it for a lot of other smell removal too, and I don't doubt that it works on just about anything. The only way it won't work is if you don't spray it on the right spot.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets